Friday, January 28, 2011

blog assignment#12/M.Antoinette

Here is some information on Marie Antoinette.

She was an archduchess of Austria and Queen of France and of Navarre. She was the fifteenth and penultimate child of empress Maria Theresa of Austria and emperor Francis I. At the age of fourteen,on the day of her marriage to Loise-Auguste,Duaphin of France, she became Dauphine de France. At the death of King Louise XV,in May 1774,her husband ascended the throne of France as King Louis XVI,and Marie Antoinette assumed the title of Queen of France and Nacarre.After several years of marriage she gave birth to a daughter. Marie-Therese Charlotte,the first of their four children.

Initially charmed by her personality and beauty,the French people generally came to dislike her, accusing "Austrian" of being profligate and promiscuos,and of harboring  sympatheis for France's enemies. At the  height of the French Revolution ,Louis XVI was deposed and the royal family was imprisoned. nine months after her husbands execution , she was tried, convicted of  treason and was killed by a guillotine.Here are some of her quotes. Courage! I have shown it  for years: think you I shall it at the moment whem my sufferings are to end ? I have seen , I have heard all, I have forgotten all. Let them eat cake.

I think she had a difficult life. I mean it must be hard growing up with 14 other siblings. I couldn't even imagine that many in one house. I also can't believe that she got married at 14. Now you have to be a adult to get married. It must have been hard for her when her husband was first imprisoned in his own jail. Also to be executed by his own people.

No comments:

Post a Comment